On this page we would like those who wish to attend the QA Hackathon 2013 to make their application.
Please tell us:
1. Your Name, Location you're travelling from, Mode of Travel to the event. (Please use the layout below this section)
2. Your sponsorship type:
The level of Sponsorship you require, this comes in three types:
- Unsponsored attendee - will pay their own travel and accommodation costs but will receive free lunches and evening meals.
- Part-sponsored attendee - Will pay own travel costs but will receive sponsored accommodation and food as unsponsored.
- Full-sponsored attendee - Will have travel, food and accommodation sponsored.
3. What you intend to work on.
In previous years an unstructured approach to what was worked on was promoted, this year we intend to mix the bag a little by asking attendees to have a more structured approach if they are being sponsored, unsponsored attendees will be given a freer reign to attend and contribute on the fly. We hope to publicise the targets and the progress to the wider world.
This approach will help us have a target and focus for the Hackathon and hopefully encourage a greater level of sponsorship. As always this is a debate not a rigorous set of rules, please feel free to add comments about this to the Hackathon-Targets page.
In order for us to gauge how much sponsorship to raise we will need a good idea of your expected costs. Please try to be conservative in your estimates but also make sure to find the most cost-effective mode of travel. The organisers are currently working on the accommodation and venue details for the Part and Full-Sponsored attendees.
As always we will appreciate any efforts that attendees can make to help towards the costs of the event. If you have a particular idea or wish to discuss it further then prod mdk or idn on irc.perl.org or in the #perl-qa channel.
Format: Name - irc Nick - Location - Mode of Travel (Please order alphabetically by last name)
Unsponsored -- will pay own travel/accomodation
- Matthew Horsfall (alh) - alh - NH, USA - Plane
- Banner, Gordon - Gordon Banner (gordon) - London, UK - Train
- Cawley, Piers - Piers Cawley (pdcawley) - Cornwall, UK - Car
- Crane, Aaron - Aaron Crane (arc) - Edinburgh, UK - Train
- BinGOs - BinGOs - Stafford, UK - Train (probably)
- Dijk, Wendy van - Wendy Van Dijk (woolfy) - Echt, The Netherlands - Car
- Jackson, Chrissy - epitaph - Lancaster, UK - Bus or walking
- Leadbeater, David - dgl - London - Train
- Mastros, James - James Mastros (theorbtwo) - Swindon, UK - Car, with Jess Robinson (castaway)
- Mattijsen, Liz - liz - Echt, The Netherlands - Car
- Newell, Colin - bfwg - Rugby, UK - Train or Car # available to help with any project.
- Nilsen, Salve J. - Salve J. Nilsen (sjn) - Oslo - Plane to Manchester, train from there
- Tormoen, Joakim - trmjoa - Oslo - Plane to Manchester, train from there
- Perrett, Daniel - user:pdl - Cambridge - Train
- Rebolo, Dinis - Dinis Rebolo (drebolo) - Northwich - Cheshire, UK - Car
- Timmerman, Abe - Abe Timmerman (abeltje) - The Netherlands - Car/Ferry
- Steffen Schwigon (renormalist) - Dresden, Germany - Plane
Needs partial sponsorship (details)
- Barbie - Barbie - Birmingham - Train or Car (would appreciate sponsored lodging)
- Brand, H.Merijn - H.Merijn Brand (Tux) - The Netherlands - Car/Ferry (travel and lodging sponsored, food and drinks not)
- Buss, Bruno - Bruno Buss (BBUSS) - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Plane (would appreciate sponsored lodging)
- Keenan, James - James E Keenan (kid51) - New York, US - Plane: As I am working this into a vacation, I will cover the travel costs but would appreciate having lodging sponsored. Arrived Travelodge Rm 222 - Tue 09 April.
- König, Andreas - user:andk - Berlin, Germany - would appreciate sponsoered lodging
- Oliveira, Breno - user:garu - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Plane (would appreciate sponsored lodging)
- Rabbitson, Peter - Peter Rabbitson (ribasushi) - Germany - Airfare (travel only, lodging generously sponsored by RSS AG)
- Robinson, Jess - Jess Robinson (castaway) - Swindon, UK - Car, would appreciate sponsored lodging
- Rehsack, Jens - user:rehsack - Germany - Plane (would appreciate having lodging sponsored)
- Signes, Ricardo - Ricardo Signes (rjbs) - Pennsylvania, US - Plane; TPF has covered travel, but not lodging
- Walde, Christian - Christian Walde (Mithaldu) - Hanover, DE - (would like to get travel/lodging sponsored)
Needs full sponsorship (details)
- Golden, David - David Golden (xdg) - New York, US - Plane
- Ishigaki, Kenichi - Kenichi Ishigaki (charsbar) - Tokyo, JP - Plane
- Mengué, Olivier - Olivier Mengué (dolmen) - Paris, France - Train
- Schwern, Michael - user:schwern - Portland, OR, US - Plane
- Scoles, John John Scoles (byterock) - Ottawa Canada. Penceled in for now.
- Timmermans, Leon - Leon Timmermans (leont) - The Netherlands - Car/Ferry
Sponsorship needs unknown
- Armstrong, Andy - Andy Armstrong (AndyA) - London, UK - Train
- Bruhat, Philippe - Philippe Bruhat (BooK) - FR - Plane
- Jackson, Claire - clj - North-west UK - Car
- Johnson, Paul - Paul Johnson (pjcj) - Zürich - Plane
- Keating, Mark - mdk - North-west UK - Car
- Norton, Ian - idn - North-west UK - Car
Last modified: 09/04/13 17:04 by James E Keenan (kid51)Tags: attendee sponsorship